Population (2016) 133,113
The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI)* $422,300
Located at the northern entrance of the Welland Canal, 51 kilometres south of Toronto across Lake Ontario.
St. Catharines is Niagara Regions's largest city. It has the 6th largest urban area in Ontario, with 96.13 square kilometres of land.
It is also known as "The Garden City" for its 1,000 acres of lush parks, gardens, and trails.
Employment has shifted in recent years from heavy industry and manufacturing to services.
St. Catharines lies on one of the main telecommunications backbones between Canada and the United States. As a result, many call centres operate in the city.
- FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre
- Lakeside Park Beach
- Ontario Lacrosse Hall of Fame & Museum
- Port Dalhouise
- Royal Canadian Henley Regatta
- St. Catharines Farmers Market
- St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre
Tourism St. Catharines